Does anyone else get excited when they see headlines about PSL (pumpkin spice latte) being back in season? Tis’ the season for pumpkin spice lattes! Pumpkin spice lattes are an amazing treat! They aren’t so much of a treat for our pockets or our calorie intake when consumed so frequently (because their so darn good). To conquer this barrier, you can make your favorite pumpkin spice latte right at home! Not only does it save you money, but being home made also helps to have control over the ingredients. This makes it good for your health as well. Grab these ingredients, and follow the recipe to making your own yummy pumpkin spice latte, right at home!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 drops of liquid stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- 8 ounces brewed coffee (or 1-2 shots of espresso)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- In a cup or saucepan, mix together almond milk and pumpkin. Cook on medium heat on the stovetop or microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, spices, and sweetener, place in a cup and use a frother to foam the milk. You can also use a blender — just process for 30 seconds or until foamy.
- Pour coffee into a large mug; add the foamy milk mixture on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!
Article written by GUADS member Breanna, with recipe from popsugar.com